- About Us
- What they say about us
- See & Hear
- Resources & Links
- Contact Us
Welcome to EAJL
The Joy of Shul Music - Sunday 4th June 2017 at St Albans, Hertfordshire
A day-long singing-filled learning experience for everyone, whether members of Masorti or not.
Join Chazanim Jaclyn Chernett, Jalda Rebling, Jason Green, Paul Heller, Rebecca Blumenfeld together with Rabbi Carl Wolkin and Robert Davis for a day of study and delight in learning the beauty of our traditions.
The day-long seminar filling the building with glorious sound starts with registration at 9:45am and goes on until 4:15pm, finishing with our now expert pop up choir!
- Pop up choir on the melodies of Friday night for all who just love to sing whether you are a shulgoer or not!
- Musaf for Shabbat – for the beginning service-leader and those who would like to brush up their skills!
- Musaf for High Holydays – advanced t’filla lab for the experienced Sh’liach Tsibbur.
- Torah reading – for beginners and those who want to shore up their knowledge.
- Finding your voice – techniques to help through projecting.
- Grappling with prayer – for all who want to explore Judaism's big questions.
Don’t worry if you think you can’t sing – just come along and enjoy it.
EAJL at the Conservative Yeshiva - 16th to 31st July 2017, Jerusalem, Israel
Creating Kehilla Kedosha through Nusach - a Two-week Course for the Sh'liach Tsibbur
This course is for all people who lead services or aspire to; lay people, rabbis, cantors and student rabbis.
- How can nusach help to develop t´filla into a meaningful daily practice?
- How can a Shaliach tsibbur engage and uplift a community in t´filla?
You can find many YouTube examples of nusach, but you can't learn online how to bring a deeper meaning into your t´filla either for yourself or your community! This intensive two-week course will explore the balance between keva and kavana and help you to experience how to create a kehillah k´dosha as a pathway to developing a joyful connection with the Source of Life.
All participants are invited to experiment with leading prayers during these two weeks at the Yeshiva. Our regular t'filla labs will deepen your prayer leading abilities as a Shaliach tsibbur. Even if you have never led a service, and want to learn, you are warmly invited to take the first steps on your new path with our help, in a safe and loving environment.
Dates for your Diaries: -
EAJL T'filla Leaders Retreat 2018 - 5th to 8th July 2018 Charney Manor, Oxford, UK
Not to be missed, our 2 yearly retreat for experienced and aspiring prayer leaders refreshes the soul.
Download a Gift Aid declaration form here.
Click on the picture to hear Chazan Jaclyn Chernett explain.
Chazan, Hazzan, Cantor, Shliach Tsibbur (Messenger of the Congregation), Baal Tefillah (Master of Prayer), are all words that mean leader of Jewish prayer.
A Chazan / Hazzan / Cantor is the title of a person who is qualified to do so.